Monday, January 26, 2009

Marshmallows in my head

The plague of black bubonic death has settled on my house. It wasn't that big of deal when everyone else in my family had it. That is... until I got it. I felt it coming on late Friday afternoon. By Friday night, I was one hurting unit, attempting to extract sympathy from every corner. I had a fitful night of sleep and in the morning, I felt like 8 2.5-inch nails had been pounded into my head with a ball peen hammer. I spent the day sprawled on the couch, accepting any and all pity and sympathetic overtures.

By Sunday, my head didn't hurt as much, but it started to feel like my head was filling with marshmallows. That's where I'm at today. I can't think clearly. My lectures today were terrible (I did warn my students). I could not think clearly enough to prepare a coherent lecture.

I'm going to go to bed early tonight, but not until I extract a little more sympathy... if there's any left.

2 comments:

MJenks said...

I've dodged that bullet for a while.

My mother-in-law is coming this weekend. I'll give you as much pity as I can spare, but most of it is reserved for myself.

Lisa-tastrophies said...

Sorry my sympathy is a little late, but better late than never. :-)
Hope the marshmellows have gone away.