Saturday, January 10, 2009

'tis now a wet bar

I worked on my bar tonight and installed a sink, complete with drain. Here is a picture of the sink with the water running just to prove that it works.

Here is a picture of the "main prep" area that I tiled and grouted.

As you can see, my work area is a bit messy. That's because I have not taken the time to clean. Time is too valuable right now to clean. I need to get ready for the new semester that starts on Monday. Obviously, that's been my #1 priority.

Also, sitting in my garage, I have all of the plywood and oak veneer I need to nearly finish the beast. After that comes trim, but that is only cosmetic.

8 comments:

marcus said...

All I do to lager in the kegerator is put on its lowest setting with 5g of water and learned the correct setting, which was almost turned off (55F). 55F was the highest temp I could get. Down the road I will get temp control, but I'm having fun without one now.

Lisa-tastrophies said...

I did notice the liquid libation on the new bar. :-)
And I am completely impressed by the Home Depot skills you have! I can grout and that's about it. THe bar looks awesome!
So when is the finishing party?

Chemgeek said...

Marcus,

cool. I could lager and cool a stout at the same time using this method. Both would be near the correct temp.

Lisa,

Yes, it is a liquid libation. I was going to mention it. When I'm not enjoying some homebrew, I love to enjoy a good Jim Beam Manhattan. that was my reward for finishing the sink. With the semester starting tomorrow, I'm not sure when the finishing party will be. Not soon enough.

Anonymous said...

Wow! U did your own reno work? Double wow...

MJenks said...

it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who litters his work area with Lowes bags.

Chemgeek said...

mjenks,

That's my receipt organization system. If I need to return anything (and that is very common for me) all I have to do is dig through 15-20 bags which may or may not contain the necessary receipt.

MJenks said...

It's also nice to see someone else shares my receipt filing method. Well done, sir, well done.

Dr Zibbs said...

Slowly getting there.